Monday, September 14, 2009

Journal covers, and insomnia...ZZZZZZzzzz

Hi Friends!! I am off work, as you know that is when I post. It all started with a fat quarter...I was at Wallie-world (Walmart), picking up cleaning supplies, when I discovered that our Walmart did not a fabric department at all anymore. But...they did have a few fat quarters, and this green piece jumped into the cart, (99 cents). And became this journal cover, above. I put a few little scraps of this and that on it, and my calender is now inside. Please go and visit Wanda at http://www.exuberantcolor.blogspot.com/. She is the inspiration behind these journal covers in the first place...thank you Wanda!


I had enough to make a little cover too. Hearts are a favorite motif of mine, maybe you guessed that!



ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



OK! I have (for the last several months), been waking up at 2 AM on the dot! Never more to go back to sleep. Now , this just won't do, dragging around like I am a Zombie, I have important stuff to attend to, ya' know? So, I finally talked to one of the Docs at work. He suggested a sleep study...then he asked how much coffee I drink. I told him, about 1/2 cup in the morning, and after lunch-early afternoon about another 1/2 cup. He said...NO MORE! Well, I doubted that this minute amount of coffee had anything to do with the dark circles and tired bones I was experiencing, but decided to go COLD TURKEY!! I did, and the first day was not very fun. I had no idea that just a little bit of coffee was so addicting. Headaches, just felt yucky.....and slept like a baby all night! Hurrah!!! Docs are good for something, after all. Just joshing, we have some truly amazing doctors, dedicated and caring people. So Darcie! Guess I won't be joining you for our afternoon cuppa for a while.....



Have a super day everyone!!!


JulieK

5 comments:

Amelia said...

Hey, no good that Wal-Mart is no longer carrying fabric - at least in the area where you shop. The little covers turned out real cute.

As for drinking coffee I can not drink it at night or I will have insomia...however, I can drink my Diet Dr. Pepper with no problem.

Enjoy the week...

Shari said...

Wow. I wouldn't have picked just half a cup would make such a difference... time to try out other hot drinks like tea, herbal tea or maybe de-caf? Of course there's always hot chocolate with marshmellows...

Love the journal cover...

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely journal cover....

MARCIE said...

Oh no! Give up the caffeine! My hat is off to you! You will probably feel much better without it.

Texan said...

Cute Journal cover :O)...

I have tried more than once to totally give up coffee...sighhhh tried being the key word here LOL... I am down to 1-2 cups in the morning and thats it! A improvement for me :O)... would like to totally give it up at some point!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...